6,606 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
red herring [skirmish]
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2024 4:00:39 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
one after the other, kyle realizes the reasons why people around him have suggested for him to hole up in slateport.

he abandons the previous job without second thought. everything expected from him paints a different picture from how he perceives himself, dragging him down like gravity.

his head runs on fumes, clutching what remains of his available pokemon on his waist as he sprints away from the epicenter of chaos.

he feels his stomach drop when he finally catches what seemed to be the supposed general of rocket's campaign. whether by coincidence or fate, kyle is overwhelmed by fear.

in the timeline he was made to believe in by the system, he was nothing but a bystander to the story. miracles are the only chance of survival against gods of old.

upon catching the eyes of the general, he tenses on the spot. he would say he was simply waiting for the other to move first so he can react appropriately, but it would be a lie.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
general of war
god general
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
3,051 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
red herring [skirmish]
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2024 12:24:27 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

The war machine of Team Rocket marched on. After Petalburg, expansion into Oldale and Rustboro meant securing the routes along the way. And the League, of course, put up considerable resistance. [break][break]

The playbook was similar, in ways, to what had happened in Kanto. But instead of Zev's contacts among the admins and underbosses shooting him like a gun at different objectives, he was the one in charge. The grunts that served as his bullets struck hard and fast where he aimed them. [break][break]

Still, sometimes it was necessary to deploy himself. Reports of a strong League presence on Route 102 prompted him to enter the thick woodland and high grass. With his Type: Null at his side, he set out to disrupt any displays of opposition. [break][break]

Instead, he found an unlikely face, panicked and desperate. [break][break]

"Kyle?" Zev exclaimed, flabbergasted. "You're alive?" [break][break]

Months had passed since his encounter with the ghost—or hallucination—of the former Top Champion at the Border. Zev had decided since then that Kyle was well and truly dead, never to be seen again. [break][break]

Yet there was no mistaking the person who'd frozen to the spot several meters away. [break][break]

No relief flooded Zev at the sight of the man who'd been his co-ruler for twenty years in a dream. Nor did anger seize him at the knowledge a foe had thwarted death. He simply adjusted the calculations of war in his head and came to a single conclusion: [break][break]

had to be killed again, or at the very least, incapacitated or captured. [break][break]

Yet he did not command his Pokémon to attack. With a hand on his Type: Null to keep the monstrous abomination from charging, the God General fixed his gaze upon Kyle and demanded, "How did you do it?"

TAGS[break]
NOTES[break]
– Zev is wearing combat gear; he is NOT armored by his powers[break]
– Asks Kyle how the fuck he managed to come back to life[break][break]

MP EARNED[break]
+50 MP: have an antagonistic exchange of dialogue between your character and another writer's character or NPC.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".zev3"]--accent:#975fb2;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h1"]font:18px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h2"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
private investigator
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,606 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
red herring [skirmish]
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2024 9:53:36 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
even for someone as unbothered as kyle would start growing uneasy with many implications of a supposed death he was to have had experienced.

he forces himself to move, even as his nature prevents him to. like a deer caught in headlights, he knows there is irony in the fear of death after multiple people have alluded to such fate being inconsequential.

"d-do what?"

to act friendly in front of him meant there had been a preconceived relationship between them from the past, or that the person in front of him is just the type to break the ice immediately and act familiar with anyone.

he assumed the latter, refusing the narrative that supports a reality he is not familiar with.

"i just want to live dude," he tries to reason. while he doesn't show any sign of aggression, small assurances like the trust in his ability to quick draw a pokemon in a moment's notice build up to releasing the tension in him. "i did what i had to."

the brilliance in kyle misinterprets the question, and assumes zev meant his previous skirmishes with other rocket operatives.

20 MP per IC post in your Skirmish thread.
50 MP showcase your own character's weakness(es) meaningfully.
50 MP involve the pokeballs of your pokemon in a meaningful way (e.g. type of pokeball described to reflect the pokemon or character, damaging them, seizing them).
50 MP have your character self-doubt or cast doubt on another's confidence/allegiances/beliefs, etc.
50 MP include a motif or recurring symbol of some kind in your thread.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
general of war
god general
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
3,051 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
red herring [skirmish]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2024 16:32:31 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

In an instant, Zev understood. This man was not Kyle. At least, he was not the Kyle he had known—or thought he'd known. His Kyle had been intelligent and confident in an unassuming way, always acting with a plan several layers deep. This Kyle was an imposter, a crude caricature in the real Kyle's body. [break][break]

Rage finally flared white-hot in Zev's chest. His expression contorted with fresh fury. [break][break]

"Don't give me that bullshit," he snapped. Type: Null mirrored its master, rumbling a threat low in its throat. "If you're not going to tell me, then I'll rip the answers out of you myself." [break][break]

His Pokémon leaped at Kyle, front paws extended to aim a CRUSH CLAW at the man. Zev followed at a slower pace, stalking forward through the tall grass with single-minded intent.

TAGS[break]
NOTES[break]
– Zev is wearing combat gear; he is NOT armored by his powers[break]
– Realizes there is something wrong with Kyle and is pissed about it[break]
– Type: Null uses CRUSH CLAW on Kyle[break][break]

MP EARNED[break]
+50 MP: have an antagonistic exchange of dialogue between your character and another writer's character or NPC.[break]
+50 MP: have your character's Pokemon symbolize or represent in some way, the condition of your character.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".zev3"]--accent:#975fb2;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h1"]font:18px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h2"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB